Updates:
Tomorrow is my 41 birthday. Derek will have his check up colonoscopy tomorrow. Yay! We have fun planned for Saturday to make up for medical madness tomorrow.
Greg started his radiation and chemotherapy treatments this week. The hope is that the tumor will shrink before surgery is performed and relieve some of the pain and pressure that he has been currently feeling. He has been very uncomfortable. Send healing thoughts to him and strength and love for Jenny and Wyn too. Being the caregivers and family that are helpless to cure their suffering loved one is just as stressful and painful as any cancer treatment.
Greg built this model with Legos of his radiation treatment to help explain what he is going through to Wynter. It is a full working model that rotates. I think it is brilliant! It shows how science is kicking the crap out if the cancer and also shows how Greg is being transformed officially into a Marvel super hero!
Greg states that he "goes through 3.5 rotations, 2 counter-clockwise and 1.5 clockwise. at least that is what it is so far. So, only under about 5-10 min" of treatment per day.
This week I have been in Houston for meetings. It has been a productive time, but I am looking forward (as always) to getting home to the boys. Snickers is having her teeth cleaned at the vet today. So that is the latest excitement from
Home. While in Houston I did enjoy my usual customs of workouts on the treadmill and eating Thai food. I also stopped by Starbucks both nights to get my latest adfiction, a sparkling sangria herbal iced tea. No alcohol, but very tasty and refreshing.



No comments:
Post a Comment