It has been a whirlwind of emotions. We are all trying to stay positive. It has been tough for Derek and I, reliving the events from 7 years ago. For me, it is like a bandaid had been tipped off of a festering old wound that has never fully healed. Since we are resident experts having gone through this before (yay-not), we want to help Greg, Jenny, and Wyn in every way possible. It can be so hard. So easy to get stuck in a loop trying to understand why we are going through something like this again.
So one step forward at a time. You all know that I have to work off the stress and running is the best way. Today was no exception. Eight miles of "therapy" this morning with my running buddies. Hugs, tears, hopes, fears-it's all out there. Great to have such great friends. Same to lifelong friends that I can call and know they are there with positive encouraging words (thanks Angie). You are all awesome!!!
It is also good to take a step back and enjoy the little things in life. I ran the 2 miles from my house this morning to meet my friends at our starting point to burn some extra stress, so (of course) I had to make a potty break. (I know. Too much info. Sorry!) Luckily there is a bathroom by the base ball fields. There was a beautiful tiny frog there to greet me. We often hurry through life and forget to enjoy it -especially those small things. We get caught up in the mundane and forget to see and experience the wonderful, and play, and dream.
So the moral of the story here is, be ready to see wonder, joy, and beauty in even the smallest things or when life seems routine, boring, or hard. It is these joys that give life meaning and get us through our darkest times. (And even makes a potty stop extra special. Ha!)


Love your little frog and the sentiment that you shared.
ReplyDeleteOkay...the frog would have freaked me out...I'm not lying...portapotties are not my favorite places...spiders, mosquitoes...yeah, too much info, I know. Must be a 'sachse' thing!
ReplyDeletePrayer to Greg and his family friends everyone...Thanks GOD for those wonderful distractions...Tommi, thank for your words of comfort to all!
ReplyDelete❤️
ReplyDelete