Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Update on Greg and Family

I know many of you have been asking about Greg and family and updates on Facebook are being minimized for privacy. So here goes...

After a whirlwind week, Greg, Jenny and Wyn have moved to the states from Sweden and are all settled in to their new apartment in Vienna, VA. Greg started his first day of work yesterday at Veracity Corp. and really likes his new coworkers. Medical appointments with the team in VA were positive. The cancer has not spread beyond the colon. They think he has had tumor for about 3yrs - very slow growing. He meets with both a radiologist and oncologist over the next two weeks to confirm treatment. But he is expected to have approx 6 weeks of radiation and possibly minor chemo to shrink the  tumor prior to surgery. Then he will have 8 weeks recovery. Then surgery to remove the tumor will take place in October with month recovery. Possibly chemo after surgery to ensure no remaining cancer cells. We will know more after the next set of appointments. But for right now much relief as there is a path forward, a very positive outlook, and life moving forward here in the states. We are so glad to have them "home"!!!

I have shamelessly stolen pics to share with you here of their new apartment, etc. 

Wyn's new bed (I am so jealous! I always wanted one like that!!!) 




1 comment: