Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Long time, no update!

Apologies for the long delay in updates, but life has gotten in the way as usual. Last weekend was filled with soccer and time with friends. Saturday, we drove to Ponca City to go to the Standing Bear pow wow with the Blanchard Family and to visit with our friends The Lewis's. The kids had a blast running around playing games and having a light stick dance party. We adults had a fabulous time enjoying each other's company and eating Cris's delicious green chile cheeseburgers! Total yum!



Sunday, I ran 15 miles. My body thought that 13 miles was enough. I pushed through the last 2 miles to get to 15, but my body was not happy. We spent Sunday relaxing and playing board games. 

Monday morning Derek left for Washington D.C., so I have been playing single parent. So far so good. The boys have been very good with homework and behavior. I made Chicken Parmesian soup in the slow cooker last night and creamy potato broccoli soup in the slow cooker tonight. Both were big hits. Last night we had time to take Snickers on a long walk around the neighborhood after dinner. We read a chapter of Harry Potter  #7 before bed. Tonight was a bit more hectic with all of the sports activities. I was able to get a 4 mile run in at the  soccer field during Ash's practice. After dinner, with finished homework and showers we enjoyed reading some new Halloween books together before bed. This one is great!
We are excited for Derek to be back home tomorrow night! I talked to him this evening. He has been enjoying Indian food and Mexican food with aquarium-sized margaritas when not conferencing! 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like all including me, could use an 'aquarium sized margarita'

    ReplyDelete