This morning we spent the day at Bosque del Apache nature reserve. It is like a magnificent marshy oasis amidst the desert and mountains. The park is famous as a stopping point for the migration if Sandhill cranes. No cranes this time of year, but egrets and many other water birds to see. Fabulous and unique views. We are still amazed at all the different ecosystems present in New Mexico.
And now for some gratuitous mountain sunset pics, and craft beer from the local brewery! When I went in to get it (beers we tried on Saturday night at the brew pub). A woman visiting from Texas thought I was a local. I felt so proud of myself!
Pancho Verde brewed with green chile and pecan beer brewed with Las Cruces pecans. Both so tasty!
This one is my personal favorite!
Never dreamed there would be a marsh in that part of New Mexico.....actually, ANY of New Mexico!
ReplyDeleteVery scenic and beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWere these beers full-flavored???