Today I got up early with the boys (who are up at the crack of dawn to watch TV), and walked the half mile down from our house to the Ruidiso gym for their morning BodyPump class. Really nice facilities and great views of the mountain and mule deer along the way!
Upon my return, we hopped in the car and drive down to Alamogordo to play at a white Sands National Park. We went on s two mile hike amongst the dunes. So fun! Special thanks to Greg, Jenny, and Wyn for the water belt pack they gave us for Christmas. I normally use it for running, but it has come in really handy for all of our hikes. With those and the camelbak water bottles I bought for everyone before the trip, we have been keeping well hydrated.
After our hike we had a fabulous New Mexican dinner at Casa del Suenos in Tularosa,NM. Outstanding chile, prickly pear margaritas (so yummy), and complementary sopapillas for dessert. We will be back during future trips!



















The white sands are beautiful...I especially like the pix of the boys in the sand with the dark mountains in the back!!!
ReplyDeleteThe F O O D pix made me hungry...I think I'll have some breakfast!
We really do need to do a family trip there together sometime. It looks awesome :)
ReplyDelete