Story number one: The one about the table!
Saturday was a day of relaxation, pizza, and a trip to Lowes for a new patio table (as our current table top wore completely through = epic fail!). Dixie and I, bring power women, left the guys at home and went to purchase the table. We measured the car tailgate. We measured the table box. We thought, hmmm, it might fit. Oops we forgot about the stupid wheel wells! So there we were hanging out in the parking lot with 1/4 of the table in the car and 3/4 hanging out. We thought about using our female assets and "convincing" the cute guy with the pickup truck to follow us home with the table. We thought about strapping the table to the top of the Forrester. While we were eyeing said young cute guy and assessing options, nice older gentleman appears saying, "Y'all need a bigger vehicle." Yup! He, his wife, and young granddaughter proceeded to rearrange the contents of their minivan to load the table and help us get it home. I rode with the wife and Dixie drove the man and granddaughter so everyone would have a seat and seatbelt. Safety first! In that 10 minute drive, I learned so much about their family. Not much means and quite a bit if tragedy, (they adopted their granddaughter after their daughter was killed in a car accident). The wife said that the van was at times their home, their means of vacation, and now their means to help strangers in need. She said it may not look like much, but everything she loves fits into it. Meeting this family definitely touched me in more ways than one. I will think of them every time I sit at the new table.

W O N D E R F U L STORY TO REMEMBERS ALWAYS!
ReplyDeleteYES...there are a few good SOULS out there...at times we are lucky enough to meet the BEST!!!
Thanks for sharing the story. Dad and I went through the Starbucks drive through one evening for chi teas. When we got to the window, the server informed us that the driver in front of us had paid our tab. Apparently she does this all the time. It just made us smile inside and out.
ReplyDeletePS Very nice table.
ReplyDelete