Sunday, March 1, 2015

Slushy Sunday! March's race is done!

So the weekend winter blast let up today and everything started melting. To celebrate (ha), I headed down to Tulsa this afternoon with Gabi to run the Trail Madness 4k. We expected to be "running/walking" through wet snow, slush and mud. But surprisingly the snow was well packed in the woods and we were able to run the whole distance. Cool thing is we came in as the top 4th and 5th female runners overall for the race (love these small races!) and received first place prizes in our age groups! 



We also were featured in the race video posted on Facebook. Gabi is in gray and smiling and I am in blue and waving as we pass the camera at about the 50 second point in the video. Way cool!  See it at the following link!

So this qualified as my race for March, however I have at least two more I am signed up for this month yet over the next two weekends. Yes I am nuts! 

Derek and the boys had a good time relaxing at home. Derek and Ash shoveled the slushy driveway and made a snowman. Totally fun to come home to it waving me into the driveway. Ash was also super excited to help me hang my new race medal on the medal tree! 

1 comment:

  1. Way to run girl...the link didn't work though!
    GREAT RUN FOR YOU BOTH!!!

    ReplyDelete