Saturday, March 14, 2015

Shamrock the Ville 5k!

A wee tiny festival in the heart of the 'Ville! 
Great morning to run a 5k organized by running buddy Denay (see below in green jacket) for a local charity. Great turnout with all sorts of folks in St. Paddy's Day spirit! Most of these pics except for the last one are courtesy of Tracy who was not running, but helping with official photography of the event. 
Passing Peggy who was helping and taking pictures at the water station. 
Gabi and I had the race goal to beat Pi! Race was run on 3/14/15 and started at 9 am. To beat Pi, we needed to cross the finish line before 9:26:53 am and we did it! Came in at 9:26:40. Woohoo! Great pace of 8 min 38 sec per mile! Course Gabi looks all fresh and smiling crossing the finish where I am just behind her looking in pain and constipated (where in reality I am neither, just focused on beating that clock)! For all that speed, Gabi came in third for her age group. I came in 6th for mine. Darn speedy old people. 
What a great surprise that Dad was waiting to cheer me across the finish line!  Thanks Dad :)  

2 comments:

  1. Crawfordsville Pie Run and a Bartlesville Pi Run......run Tommy run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice time again!

    ReplyDelete