Then cuddle with Snickers in the cozy big brown chair while listening to the rain tap the skylights.
A movie and/or video games is planned for the afternoon. Hot roast beef and Swiss sandwiches topped with onions and red peppers are planned for tonight. I love "lazy" days. Sure makes up for another incredibly busy week including an overnight stay in Houston.
In other news, Zach is busy working on his biography book report about Pocahontas as well as his invention fair project. He has also signed up for the Bartlesville elemetary chess tournament on Feb 21!
Renovation work has finally started on the bathrooms. They found and treated for a bunch of mold in the boys bath that was leaking. Glad we caught it before something worse happened. Stay tuned for updates. All three bathrooms will be getting face lifts along with a fresh interior coat of paint across the whole house and other miscellaneous repairs.
1) Currently addicted to the "12 Monkies" series on the SciFy channel. Also watching the series "Marco Polo" on Netflix. Can't wait for the next season of the "Peaky Blinders", "Game of Thrones", and "House of Cards". Yippee "Walking Dead" resumes next weekend!
2) back to drinking infused waters. I have a nice new insulated cup since I busted mine last weekend. Grapefruit with mint is excellent as well as lime with raspberries. Below is limes with mandarin oranges.
3) I learned that you can keep sliced avocado fresh (does not get brown) by keeping the pit in the container with the slices.
...
Dinner! It was so pretty and yummy, I had to take a pic.





Sounds like a perfect rainy day!
ReplyDeleteWonderful to have R A I N!
ReplyDelete19.6 inches here at Plymouth!
Laporte got 20.8!
Food looks AMAZIN'.
Here we just finished FX's FREAK SHOW! 'always liked going to the freak and carny shows at various fairs. I remember talking to a gal who was in her 40's at the state fair...she was 18 inches tall...acutally that was from her bottom to the top of her head...her legs couldn't support her 40 or so pound body...enough about freaks!
Bring on more food!