https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_E2CNZIlVIg
Little brother is watching. Do you see Ashton?
Last night, Zach had a birthday party for a classmate at The Rock youth center downtown. So while Z was partying, Ash, Derek, and I went to Hideaway Pizza. Total yum! Meatball, salami and green olive pizza. Best creation yet!
After pouring the kids in bed, Derek and I watched the movie "Premium Rush". Great movie for a Friday night. Great bike action and speed which got me in the mood for my race this morning.
Today I ran the annual Woolaroc Road Race. After raining for 40 min, it cleared up just before race time. Perfect temperatures in the 50s. I ran a PR running the 8k (5 miles) in 45:13 and that's with lots of hills! I medaled for third place in my age group. Came home to a fabulous warm brunch and toasty shower! (Wind was cold after the race. Still thawing. In the picture below I am wearing my running stuff plus a sweatshirt plus my windbreaker and my lips were still blue) now relaxing until it is time to go to Carnival at the elementaryschool tonight.
Me with my running buddy Denay. She also ran the race as well as helped organize. She is awesome!
Both the buffalo and emu were out and darting around their pens as we ran past. Seriously, medals with buffalo on them are cool!
Other stuff I love lately:
Reading! Finished "A More Beautiful Question". Rarely do I read nonfiction, but this was really worth it and made me think. Now reading Gone Girl. So far I dislike all of the characters, but I just need to know what the heck is going on. Can't stop reading till I find out'
Watching the new show Gotham. Anything that is in the Batman universe is awesome! Can't wait for the new season of The Walking Dead to start this weekend as well.
Oh yeah: Tommi's perfect smoothie recipe. In blender, buzz up the following:
1 banana
1 cup 1% milk
1 serving graham crackers (usually 2 cracker sheets)
Great breakfast on the go or after a morning run!





Wow! Wow! And WOW, what a weekend and it's not even over. I felt the same about Gone Girl. Disliked the characters, but needed to find out what was going on (sort of expected it, though). No desire to see the movie.
ReplyDeleteHugs to you!
ReplyDeleteSpotted Ash immediately. What a ham! Very cool medal!
ReplyDeleteAfter reading "A More Beautiful Question" will you be running for the Bartlesville school board?
ReplyDeleteThanks for the Tommi Smoothie !
ReplyDelete