Friday, September 26, 2014

Walk-a-NOT

Well, life takes those little twists where the unexpected happens. Derek and I had a fabulous lunch together at Jude's. Jude's is a little health cafe/ coffee shop (next to the Food Pyramid grocery store) that serves yummy salads, soups, and panini sandwiches in addition to gourmet beverages. After lunch, I walked to the Starbucks at the grocery store to pick up an iced chai latte (I like Starbucks chai better than Jude's) and walked back to the elementary school via the duck pond. (I have been racking up the miles today.) As I walked in to the office to sign in again to help with the walk-a-thom, there was Ashton sitting in front of the Principal's office. Apparently the principal had tried to call me but I did not feel my butt vibrate. A child in Ash's class was spanking other children's behinds and touching private parts. This child was reprimanded and sent home and privileges to participate in the walk-a-thon revoked. Well, guess who decided to emulate this child during recess? You guessed it! So I just happened to coincidentally show up in time to visit with the principal and take Ashton home. No walk-a-thon for Ash either. The principal would have let him stay, but Ash chose to keep changing his story about what happened. So the butt slapping plus the incessant fibbing resulted in a loss of privileges. So sorry, no walk-a-thon picks of Ash. However we did stop by the duck pond on the way home (as we had to walk since I walked over initially and did not have a car). 

We will drive back to the school at 4 pm to pick up Zach and take him to his first birthday slumber party. It is a camp out including flashlights, s'mores, hot dogs, and all sorts of fun. I will be sure to leave our phone number with the parents in case Zach decides he wants to come home. But I am sure he will do fine. Tomorrow will be another busy day with the company picnic at Woolaroc. Stay tuned! 

1 comment: