Saturday, September 27, 2014

Celebrate 66 At Woolaroc

The Zach survived his first slumber party camping out in the backyard of his friend Trent with 22 other 4th and 5th grade boys! I met both parents when dropping Zach off yesterday. They live on a larger property in the country off of Hwy 75 and have 8 kids. So the teenagers in addition to the parents were around to entertain and supervise. Zach said he had tons of fun cooking hot dogs and s'mores over a camp fire, playing flash light games, tag, bouncing on the trampoline, chasing after their chickens, etc. The kids finally passed out about midnight and of course were up by 6am! I picked Zach up at 11am after getting cleaned up from exercise class. It is now 3 pm and he is a tad pooped although still awake, glued to the iPad. 

Around noon we headed to Woolaroc for the annual celebrate 66 company picnic. Lots of food-ice cream, hot dogs, burgers, BBQ, popcorn, drinks and fun and games for the kids. For this year's "gift", everyone got to pick out plastic cups and sunglasses- so the kids were Stylin'. Great weather to be outside! Course I have gotten enough vitamin D the last two days to last for a while! 

Mmmmm funnel cake! 
I just love this picture! 
The bounce house tank in the pic below kept making me giggle. Yes, I have gutter brain. 





2 comments:

  1. Burgers, corn dogs, funnel cakes and gutter brain...it's good to see you are all human with the schedules, sports and running!!!

    ReplyDelete