Monday, May 12, 2014

Zachary Miller: Fossil Hunter

Zach had a great time on Friday visiting "The Mound" on a field trip with his class. He has been learning all about different kinds of rocks and how fossils are formed in school. At The Mound, he and his classmates collected rocks and fossils. This weekend he sorted them for a rock show taking place today. Here are some if the neat fossils that he found. Zach tells us they are fossilized plants. I really like the large round one with the star in the middle. Also the rock on the left with the shell lattice pattern is pretty cool, not to mention the rod thing. Science is so awesome! 


1 comment:

  1. WONDERFUL...I love fossils after all these years. I use to pick up all kinds of 'Indian beads'everywhere and anywhere! Recently finding more here in the yard.
    GREAT for the kids to learn and learn!

    ReplyDelete