Saturday, April 5, 2014

King Ashton!

Thought you might enjoy this book made by Ashton's class for him when he was a Pre-K Pal.  Each child in his class drew a portrait of him.  There were many, so I just included his write-up and self portrait!




(We did not know that Ash wants to be a music teacher :)  That is cool, although I still think it may be his hobby as he continues to train to become a global dictator!)

Friday Zach had a soccer game.  His team played really well and was in the lead (3 to 0) until the last quarter when they go tired and scored upon to finally loose by 1 point.  Oh well... they have two games (Tuesday and Friday) of next week to redeem themselves!

Today we had a nice family day.  It started with haircuts (hope you enjoyed the pics) and then a trip to Tulsa for errands, lunch at Chuy's (of course), and a viewing of the new movie Captain America and The Winter Soldier.  It was a really nice day together.  Of course, we were all prepared to go to the post office to get the kids' passports done, come to find out the passport offices are CLOSED on weekends.  Joy!

I continue to be on the mend.  I still get tired easily.  Getting back into running has been harder than expected.  Luckily my running buddies are AWESOME and patient and encourage walk breaks.  I have also been enjoying other exercise activities while the boys are in swimming lessons, including Spin class and I tried BodyPump(TM) which is a weighs and strength training class set to music.  REALLY fun and a great workout.  I have also become a fruit-infused water fanatic.  (Basically floating different kinds of fruit and spices in water to give it flavor.)  So far my favorite combinations have been orange and mint together and strawberry and pineapple.  So yummy and a great way to cut down on beverage calories and stay hydrated during the day!

3 comments:

  1. That is adorable. Blasphemy that Ash loves winter and yet not hot chocolate. I would love to do BodyPump with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY NOW...MUSIC TEACHERS CAN WEAR CAPES!!!

    THAT VIRUS REALLY TOOK THE WIND OUT OF YOUR SAILS...GLAD TO HEAR YOU'RE GETTING BETTER THOUGH!

    ReplyDelete