Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Guest of the Day
I am in Houston again overnight for business. When I walked up to the counter to check in at my Marriott hotel, they congratulated me saying I was their "guest of the day". I received extra bonus points for my Marriott rewards (I recently hit elite status - I obviously travel too much!), a coupon for a free Starbucks drink, a complimentary bottled water, and got upgraded to a suite (seriously too big for one person but fun amenities like a fluffy robe and specialty toiletries). Maybe everyone gets this treatment nowadays, but it was sort of fun non-the-less. Relaxing now after a 5 mile run on the treadmill (also ran 3 miles this morning with Peggy at 6 am). I should sleep well before a day full of meetings tomorrow. Then I will fly home tomorrow night. The boys will pick me up from the Bville airport at 7 pm. I know they love watching the shuttle land, and it is fun for me to have them smiling and waving as I arrive :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So the big question is...will you wear the robe to your meeting? :)
ReplyDeleteNay...will you wear the robe HOME!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it wonderful to get HOME?
ReplyDeleteAlas the robe is not mine. That would be theft. Although tempting with a robe of such warmth and fuzziness.
ReplyDeleteAlas the robe is not mine. That would be theft. Although tempting with a robe of such warmth and fuzziness.
ReplyDeleteA taste of how the 1% lives!
ReplyDelete