Tuesday, March 11, 2014

News Flash: Tommi to sleep well tonight!

Busy day!  Well, busy week so far. Lots going on at work. I have hardly been in my office at all the past two days and that pattern will hold through the end of the week when we leave for New Mexico Friday morning. 

Derek and I had a parent teacher conference with Ash's teacher this afternoon. He is doing really well- excellent academically and much improved behavior. She says his is the best listener in the class during story time and any other time she is reading books to the class. He just LOVES books. Great to have 2 super readers in the house! 

Since we had the conference, we all arrived hom early. So I ran 5 miles from home up to the soccer practice fields where the boys were waiting for me by the start of soccer practice. Got up to 80 degrees two days in a row. Beautiful weather! Although I am not used to running in heat anymore! Hard to believe we had 6 inches of snow last week. Then I helped coach Zach's team for the hour and a half practice. Wow, coaching active 9 year old boys is like herding cats! I will definitely sleep well tonight! By the end of practice, temps had dropped to 57 degrees and even further by the time we walked Snyx at 8:30 pm. The wind has also picked up tremendously! Oklahoma definitely has wind sweeping down the plain tonight. Gotta love warm fronts. 

3 comments:

  1. Great job, Ash! Sounds like your vacation will be well-deserved :) Oklahoma weather is absolutely insane. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad Ashton is doing well!
    West Central Indiana was in the 60's yesterday. Snowing today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is 60's or what the hell is 80?
    I'd like to see 40!!!

    ReplyDelete