Saturday, March 15, 2014

Castles and Aliens

We had a fun morning at the Don Harrington Discovery Center. The new exhibit this trip was Lego Castles. Everyone's favorite thing was a video game where you had to build a wall for your castle and then got to see how rebust it was by shooting it with a catapult. Way cool!  What a neat way to learn about strength of building structures. The boys also enjoyed dressing up and jousting with one another. 
Manning the catapult!
Ready for jousting! 



After lunch, we drove to Roswell. Upon arrival late afternoon we went to their local park and zoo where they care for local wildlife in need of rehabilitation. We liked the red fix the best. Zach has also been really interested in learning about the alien legends/controversy that surrounds Roswell. He wrote an essay about it in his travel journal this evening. 

2 comments:

  1. That place looks awesome! I'm also very impressed that Zach is keeping a travel journal. How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I hope to read Zach's journal when we visit. Tommi, remember how you also kept journals on some of our trips? You also made wonderful picture albums for us afterwards. I'm going to get them all out for the boys and Wynter to see when they visit in South Bend. We are thoroughly enjoying all of your eating and activity adventures.

    ReplyDelete