Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Twelfth Day of Christmas

Was a Snow Day!  We  woke up to about 5 inches of snow with flurries off and on until ~11am.  The boys went out to play in the snow around 10am- lasted about 10 minutes with the cold wind!  An hour later, Ash went out front with Derek to "help" him shovel the driveway.  Meanwhile, Zach and I prepared salsa verde and green chile enchiladas with leftover turkey for midday dinner.  I have never seen enchiladas disappear that quickly before.  Zach requested the leftovers for supper and ate two more (out of the 12 I prepared, there are only 2 left!)!  After lunch, we all took Anickers on a walk to the little park a few blocks from our house.  Brrr the wind was cold!!!!  We spent the rest of the day reading and playing games by the fire (Zach and I read 4 chapters of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban) and doing odds and ends like laundry.

So, true to form, Bartlesville has closed schools for tomorrow, so the kids effectively get ANOTHER day of vacation.  Derek and I are still trying out to figure out our working schedules for tomorrow because we both need to get back to work for the new year.  Groan!  Maybe they will call off work too.  Yeah right!



 Zach and Ash, and tiny Snickers and I in the far background to the right of the playground near the road.

 Cool snow drift on the house! 

1 comment:

  1. Those enchiladas look fantastic! Please send me the recipe (in your loads of free time, haha). The snow is gorgeous! How fun you are still reading with Zach. I can hardly wait to do that with Wyn.

    ReplyDelete