We then drove home and I arrived home to find that half of my research group had been sold to a new company. You can see details of the press release here.
http://www.phillips66.com/EN/newsroom/news_releases/2013NewsReleases/Pages/12-30-2013.aspx
I am not going with the sale. My job remains with Phillips 66. However, many changes will take place within the next few months. I feel a bit sad as many good friends are moving to the new company, but change is a constant in life. Good things will come forth. So, with that big announcement, I spent most of the afternoon at work during my day off. Yippee! Such is the nature of my job being a manager. I did come home to skillet homemade quesadillas made by Derek which were truly phenomenal!
On the seventh day of Christmas, I headed out at 8am for an 8 mile run with my running buddies. I tired out after 5 miles, but pushed through running/walking for the last 3 miles. Maybe one of these days I'll get my running groove back. After returning home and getting cleaned up, we headed to the grocery store where we filled 2 carts with stuff. You would not have known that we were there just the week before. So, we are completely stocked up with goodies! (Hard to believe that after all of that, we have started a new shopping list only 24 hours later that already has 6 items on it!) We spent the afternoon reading and straightening up the house, then headed to the airport to meet Grandpa Randy and Grandma Peggy. You know the rest and are now caught up!
Best of luck with your job transitions!
ReplyDelete