Thursday, January 9, 2014

Happy 5th Birthday Ashton!

Ash had a great day!  He took in chocolate brownie cupcakes to share with his class today as a birthday snack.  Both he and Zach had dental appointments in the afternoon.  Both were entered into a drawing for a prize by being part of the "No Cavity Club"!

I had a children's Musical Theater board meeting tonight.  So, I was a bad Mommy and did not get home until 7pm.  We did have a small celebration with Ash where he opened two of his gifts - some books from all of us and a present from Grandpa Randy and Grandma Peggy.  Stay tuned for tomorrow night for official birthday party action with the arrival of Grandpa Cliff and Grandma Dixie! Cake, balloons, and more gifts are in store.  Pirate Sock has called to confirm that he will be making an appearance!

 Every kid wants Plants vs. Zombies fairy tales! 
Grandpa and Grandma, thank you for the helecopter transformer.  He took it to bed along with Cowie tonight!
Ash requested a yellow birthday cake with purple frosting. (Uh...yum???) So Derek and I have been slaving away in the kitchen after getting the kids to bed to get one ready for tomorrow's festivities.  Well, more accurately, Derek is the chef and I am his official fan and photographer!

Stay tuned for the final product tomorrow!!! 

(P.S. Greg and Jenny, your gift also arrived.  We will give it to him at his party tomorrow evening!)  

1 comment:

  1. All looks good! The cake seems...interesting :) Have fun partying!

    ReplyDelete