Sunday, November 3, 2013

Falling Back!

What a loaded weekend!  The weekend started on Friday night with Zach's soccer game at 5:30pm.  his team won again!  Then we all went to La Fiesta for dinner.  Saturday started with a 5K for me here in Bartlesville, the ConocoPhillips "On your Mark" race supporting United Way.  Both Tracy and I ran it.  Tracy ran her personal best in under 28 minutes.  I also ran faster than usual coming in at 28:50.  After getting cleaned up at home we went out for lunch at Frank and Lolas, then hit the soccer field yet again at 1:30pm for Ash's soccer game.  Then at 4:30pm, we went to the movies to see Ender's Game.  Great movie!  Course, not as good as the book, but was fairly faithful to it for an almost 2 hour running time.

Pre-race with running buddies Tracy and Denay! (Photos below courtesy of Tracy of course!!!)

 Tracy and running superstar, Reese!  - Takes after his Mom :)

 Post- race with Tracy and Erin.  
 Won a medal for third place in my age group!

Today, my 6 mile run felt like hell, but I powered through.  To make up for the the poor running, I went in to Domestic Goddess mode in the kitchen (with help from Derek).  Derek and I made pancakes and sausage for breakfast, complete with fried apples made by Grandpa Gary with apples from his orchard (total yum - better than Cracker Barrel!!!). Then for dinner we had rotisserie chicken with Grandma Helen's stuffing and green beans, with Mom's recipe homemade apple crisp with more of Grandpa Gary's awesome apples.  (along with the laundry, etc that goes hand in hand with Sunday).  The boys played board games while I put together the stuffing and apple crisp in the kitchen.  (Ash helped me make the crisp topping.) While all was cooking, we had fun performing experiments with leftover Halloween candy (Derek bought a really cool candy experiments books from the school book fair!).  We did candy chromatography, and also learned what beverages make taffy float (not water!!!!).








 Water makes taffy float = no; diet cola and Vernor's make taffy float = yes; Do you know the reason why?  We do!!!!!


 Skittle chromatography!



Oh yes--- and soooo glad to have that extra hour Sunday night :) Course it will be dark when I get out of work from now on.  Boo Hiss!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Way to go on race, Tommi! Sounds like you guys had a fantastic weekend! I'm drooling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only a great race time, but you were the best dressed lady racer out there. I don't know how you have the energy after racing to even stand up in the kitchen much less produce all that goodness. Thanks for sharing all the fun and pictures.

    ReplyDelete