Sunday, October 13, 2013

Lots of Running!

Good evening everyone!  We have had another busy weekend with lots of, quite literally, running around.

Saturday morning started early with me heading out to Woolaroc Ranch to run the annual 8K (5 miles) Woolaroc road race (left the house at 7:15am, race started at 8:30am).  It was a beautiful, cool morning for a run with the wildlife.  I ran my second best time for the race ever, 49 minutes and 54 seconds, even with the majorly hilly course.  I then made it over to the soccer fields in time for the start of Ashton's soccer game at 10:30am.  Zach had an "off" weekend and will have a game this coming Tuesday.  After soccer, we all went to the barber so that the boys could all get haircuts.  They now look so handsome!  We then went to lunch at Frank and Lolas (which was awesome because by then I was starving!!!!!!).  After lunch, we went home to get cleaned up and relax for a few hours before heading to Wayside Elementary at 4:30pm for the annual Carnival.  The boys went around and played all of the games while I manned the gum toss game from 4:50 - 6pm.  They boys loaded up on all sorts of candy and other small prizes.  the kids were allowed to wear costumes for the Carnival. Ash decided to dress up as a "Super Soccer Player" while Zach decided to go as a "Third Grader".  Ha!

After an hour at Carnival, we went to dinner at Freddy's.  Well, more accurately, Ash and Zach had dinner while Derek and I split a large order of fries and a strawberry milkshake.  (best milkshake ever!!!) Total yum and brought back memories of late nights at Utopia diner at Purdue :)


We then went home and watched the latest episode of The Agent of Shield.  So far the show is very mindless and entertaining!

This morning, I again got up early and ran 8 miles with the girls at 7am.
Here is a picture of a few of us during our 10 mile run last weekend (it was quite a bit colder that day).  There were 8 of us on the trail this morning together! What fun to have such a great group of women for conversation and motivation!!!!!

Running Buddies!!!! (On the brand new bridge over the Caney River!) 

I came home to breakfast, got the laundry started, and we relaxed a bit.  I ordered the kids' Halloween costumes.  They both wanted to go trick-or-treating as characters from the show Beyblade this year!  Around noon, we headed to tulsa for a visit to the Aquarium and then to an early dinner at Freebirds.  We then came home and watched Despicable Me as I had not seen that movie before.  Very cute!  After getting the kids to bed, Derek and I watched the season premier of The Walking Dead.  Now it is time to crawl into bed before heading to Ponca for the day tomorrow.  This week is a hort week, due to fall break, but it will be busy.  We are planning to go to Spookarama at Kiddie Park Thursday night.  Stay tuned!

Spooky decorations at the Aquarium!

 Favorite fish of the day, the "Warty Angler fish" 
 Scoping out the rays! 
 We see something you don't see...and it's red! 
Here is something you don't see every day.  Cleaning of the jellyfish tank.  Yes, the jellies are in plastic bags! 
 Looking for poison dart frogs! 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the great pics and info. Congrats on your run! Maybe Dad should find a running group to run ot his frustration. Glad you had another terrific weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fun weekend at the Miller's! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay you for all the great running! Really cool jellyfish pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...Great pix of everything...Lori and I just got back from Parke County for the Covered Bridge Festival...had a great time...even a couple of nights in the new tent!!!

    ReplyDelete