Sunday, October 6, 2013

Another Soccer Weekend!

I got home in fine form Thursday night from Austin, TX.  Of course my flight from Houston to Tulsa was a bit strange.  We had a flight delay because they loaded all of the baggage onto the wrong plane.  (Not sure how that happens!)  Then the woman across the aisle from me hyperventilated and threw up in a barf bag.  Then, proceeded to be all spacey and kiss-faced with her significant other.  Yuck!  Luckily they fell asleep once the plane took off.

This weekend we had more soccer games.  Zach's team won their game, despite the cold temps and rain, 9 to 4.  Derek and I were smart and stopped at Starbucks for warm, tasty beverages prior to heading out to the fields.  The sun came out for Ash's game, so that was nice.  Ash is improving- spending more and more time kicking the ball rather than laying down in the grass...

We spent Saturday afternoon watching football and relaxing.  Today, I started my day with a 10 mile run with the girls.   Then we spent another day relaxing and enjoying each other's company.  Here are some soccer pics from this weekend as well as mom's recent visit!





 Ash: "Zach has a cupcake.  I am scowling because I want a cupcake too. " 

We are cold.  We have been sitting through two soccer games.  Our coffee has run out.  No one thinks to give the parents any cupcakes either.  So we will take a picture of ourselves and post it to show how enthusiastic we still are!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! (and cold...) Thanks for the great pics! I love what you said about Ash laying in the ground...a key strategy in any game. Thanks also for the birthday wishes for Wyn! We are now back from Stockholm and totally pooped, but hopefully soon will post some pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, rainy for Bike the Bridges Fall Challenge but not enough to keep 152 riders from biking in beautiful Parke County.

    ReplyDelete