Sunday, June 30, 2013

Enjoying the Weekend!

Another eventful week.  I spent two consecutive days in Ponca this week.  Derek had his latest oncology checkup and everything looks great!  Yay!!!! I won a free Freebirds burrito in a business card drawing.  Yum!

Friday, the air conditioner at Ash's daycare broke so they had to close mid-morning.  So, Derek picked Ash up, then the two of them went over to Sooner Park for Zach's camp annual family picnic.  i was sorry that I missed it too, but I had to squish all of my meetings in before 1pm so that I could take the afternoon shift.  Zach came home with Derek and Ash after the picnic.  The boys were really good while I worked from home that afternoon.  When Derek returned home that evening, we all went out for Mexican at La Fiesta!  After getting the boys to bed,, Derek and I watched the movie Red. Really good and fun movie starring Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren, Brian Cox and other.  I am surprised that we have never watched it before as it is definitely my Dad's kind of movie!

Yesterday, the temperature dropped into the low 80s and is supposed to remain that way throughout the week.  I got up early and took Snyx on a 3 mile walk, then went for a 3 mile run by myself.  It felt so good.  We spent the rest of the afternoon reading and relaxing.  I finished The Book Thief which is quite possibly the best and most beautiful book that I have ever read.  I made me laugh, cry, think.  I just feel like a better person since having read it,  I cannot explain it better than that.  You just need to go read this book.  Trust me.  You will not regret it!!!!

I then started the Lightening Thief, the first book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan that I bought for Zach. Great summer reading!  Lots of adventure.  Sort of like Harry Potter meets the Greek gods.  I also plan to start the Divergent  book series by Veronica Roth.  Then it will be back to finishing book 4 of the Game of Thrones series.  I just really needed to take a break from that for a while!

Last night was so pleasant, that after a dinner of BLTs, we headed to Kiddie Park for some outdoor fun.  Enjoy the pics!

I still can not get over how handsome our boys are!!!!






Ashton picking up cute chics on the Ferris Wheel.  (This little girl's name is Dylan- LOVE IT!!!!!)

Frank Phillips home all decorated for Independence Day!

1 comment:

  1. We watched "Red" last weekend and really liked it. Dad is very excited that "Red 2" is coming out this month. The "Book Thief" is one of my all-time favorite books too. Well, it always amazes me how handsome ALL of the boys/men are and how lovely all of the girls/women are (yes, you too Snyx) in this whole - and extended - family.

    ReplyDelete