Saturday, May 18, 2013

Go Girl Run!

Tracy and I ventured out yesterday at noon, road tripping up to Kansas City, KS to run in the Go Girl Run Half Marathon.  (Yes we are crazy!)  We had a great time chatting and catching up during the three-hour drive.  We stopped in Independence, KS at Brahms for limeades.  (Dad- they are REALLY good!  We will have to go get them next time you are in BVille.)


We arrived in KC about 4pm and hit the race expo where we picked up our registration packets, race numbers, and timing chips.  We also had cure T-shirts made as extra incentive to finish the race. Here we are in our hotel room posing with our "13.One Bad Mother Runner" shirts.  No turning back now!
 Then it was off to find food (of course).  We feasted on Mexcian and then drooled over the cupcakes at "Smallcakes", a gourmet cupcakery next door.
We then did a bit of shopping- looked at cute running clothes at Dick's Sporting Goods.  I bought a sports bra.  BORING! then we headed back to the hotel where we vegged in front of the TV, split a caramel gourmet cupcake, and hit the sack around 10pm.  

We were up by 5:30am to get ready for the race start time of 7am.  Here we are ready to go!  (and I apparently have gone nuclear- ha!) 

 Unfortunately, there were some technical difficulties and the race was delayed over 20 minutes.  We were all standing at the starting line restless!  However once we got going it was a lot of fun.  The course was very hilly!  I was proud that I did the first 6 miles in under an hour!  I started to poop out after mile 8 and was happy with my 2:30:56 finish.  I was ahead of Tracy most of the race.  Then she caught me at 11.5 miles and finished two minutes ahead of me.  Awesome!  Here we are at the finish, all nasty sweaty full of accomplishment (and not to mention some pain) with our fancy medals!!!
Thanks again Tracy for talking me into this :) We have to plan another "girls outting" soon.  When are we getting pedicures????
 After the race, we headed back to the hotel, got cleaned up, ate lunch at Chipotle (total yum), stopped to pick up gourmet cupcakes for our boys, then headed back to Bartlesville.  Rolled in to the driveway about 3:45pm.  Now time to relax and take full advantage of the rest of the evening.  (But first more ibuprofen!!!!)

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you and Tracy had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome! I'm glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYYYYYY YOU!!!!!!! It sounds like it was a complete blast! I am so proud to have you for a sister :) Maybe I can join sometime! Bummer we missed chatting about it on Skype...I hope you were getting some much-needed massaging from your boys :) Hooray! You look fantastic, by the way...

    ReplyDelete