Friday, May 24, 2013

Fabulous Friday!

Let's see...so much to report!  Zach's last day of school was yesterday.  Hard to believe another school year is already over!!!  He came home with three perfect attendance awards, one for each semester and one for the entire year.  He was the only kid in his class to receive all three certificates.  Way to go Zach!!!! He also received an outstanding report card- secure in all areas and above average in spelling. (Hmm he must get that from his Dad- certainly not from me.  I am lost without spell check!!!!)

Today Zach was off of school, so i had the best excuse ever to take a vacation day from work!  Derek went off to work and Ash to daycare, so I had Zach all to myself. It was such a nice day today, cooler in the morning and a high of 80 in the afternoon.  Zach and I took Snickers on a three mile walk around the duck pond at 8:30am.  I have entered the fitness step competition at work, so I am trying to log as many steps on my pedometer as possible each day.  Today we went 8,000 steps on our walk alone!  We then came back and read/relaxed a bit until 11am when we went downtown to Frank and Lolas restaurant to meet Derek for lunch!
 After lunch, we walked with Derek back to his office building and rode up the elevator to check out his office.  Zach was impressed, and especially liked seeing the view of Bartlesville from the 17th floor!!!
 After saying goodbye to Derek, Zach and I walked a few more blocks down to the library where we finally were able to get new library cards.  Zach enjoyed picking out 2 Magic treehouse books that he has not yet read along with the Bunnicula novel "The Celery Stalks at Midnight" to kick off his summer reading.  Here he is outside the library showing off his new card and books.  Roses and other flowers are in bloom all over town.  Aren't the roses just gorgeous behind him?  Bartlesville never smelled and looked so good!!!
Then we walked back to the car and headed home.  We both enjoyed sitting out on the deck and reading together.  Zach has already finished one of his books!!!

Derek and Ash returned home about 5pm.  the kids played video games while I enjoyed some flute-playing time.  After dinner we had movie night, watching X-men, First Class together.  Then Derek and I walked Snickers.  All in all I walked ~17,000 steps today - roughly 6.5 miles (the daily average for this week is a target of 7,000 steps.  Woohoo!!! Now to try and get back into my running game tomorrow or Sunday...)

So, what a great start to the holiday weekend!  Stay tuned for more adventures :)

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic day! Marvelous :) I remember summer reading lists...I always liked those!

    ReplyDelete