Friday, May 17, 2013

Deceptively cute!


The boys are off of school today as a free day because not all of their snow days were used this year.  So, I took them to out to breakfast this morning.  This picture is very cute!  However it is totally deceptive as not 5 seconds earlier Ashton was throwing a fit about his apple juice and breakfast choices.  Sigh... sometimes I feel like I just can't win...

After breakfast (more pulling teeth trying to get Ash to try a bite of everything on his plate), we stopped at the store to pick up a few odds and ends and then went to the library to sign up for the summer reading program.  We stayed for about a half an hour to read some fun books and color Angry Birds pictures.  Unfortunately we could not get new library cards or check out any books because the library is"switching over to a new system" this week.  Bummer!
Derek will be home by noon when Tracy and I head out on our road trip to Kansas City for our half marathon.  By this time tomorrow we should have 13.1 miles under our belts!

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck...Have a Great Race!

    Nice pic of Nice deceptive Grandsons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I saw some horns poking out of Ashton's head!

    ReplyDelete