Saturday, April 13, 2013

Wish us luck!

Five days alone with the boys while Derek is on travel!  i am sure Derek is thinking it is about time for some fair trade!  Ashton and I drove Derek to the airport this morning.  He will be in Austin, TX until Wednesday evening for a conference and training.  Many thanks to the Hammons for taking care of Zach for a few hours and getting him to his soccer game while Ash and I were back and forth to Tulsa!  Ash and I arrived back in Bartlesville in time to see the second half of Zach's game. The three of us then went to Walmart for some grocery shopping (although I already have started a new list with 3 things we missed- argh!!!!).  I allowed the boys to pick out a small treat/toy as a pick-me-up since they were both missing their Dad.  So, low and behold we ended up with more Bayblade battle tops.  YAY!!!!

I also happened to spy a $2 plastic kids outdoor golf set which turned out to be the hit of the afternoon!!!  The kids have taken the game of golf to a whole new level.  Zach has declared that he wants to go putt-putting!  (Should be quite the adventure!)





Other than the two accidents in which we were almost involved going to and from Walmart, the day has been without incident.   An old guy was not looking and crossed two lanes of road to turn left right in front of me as we were passing Lowes.  I had to stand on the breaks to avoid a collision.  Course the kids were oblivious except to laugh hysterically at my huge "BEEEEEEP", and then Ashton asked , "Mom, what's an asshole?"  Oh boy!  the second incident was at the double left turn at the light exciting Walmart.  The yahoo next to me decided she did not like the left lane during the turn and cut me off in the right.  Yet again, more beeping.  I refrained from the expletives this time.

We had sandwiched and yogurt for lunch.  Played outside.  I read outside while the kids played Bayblades inside.  We took Snickers on a walk around the neighborhood.  I made goulash for dinner (Uncle Greg's favorite dish from growing up).  We watched the superhero movie "Zoom" before the kids went to bed.  Not the best movie in the world, but entertaining.  The kids loved it.  We also read Aunt Jenny's favorite childhood bedtime story called "The Paper Bag Princess".  Very cute story about a princess who saves her prince by outsmarting a dragon while wearing only a paper bag (as all of her clothes were burned up along with the castle when the dragon attacked and made off with her prince).  Course the prince, upon being saved, is less than pleased with her unprincess-like appearance.  So she calls him a "bum", does not marry him, and lives happily ever after!  We will definitely be reading that one over and over again!

Derek did call in from Austin to let us know he arrived safely.  He, too, had a brush with death, nearly being run over in Houston by one of those people mover carts moving at high speed.  Jerks!

We do miss him already!!!!

After getting the kids to bed, I did a round of yoga with weights, took a shower, and then engaged in a girly attempt to paint my toenails.

Not the best job (maybe I should leave this to the professionals).  But at least my wine was tasty.  Now to get caught up on the latest episode of "Smash" and read another chapter of "A Feast for Crows".

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys are off to a great start :) I'm already looking forward to playing putt-putt with you on our next visit. So glad you liked the book...I think it is hilarious and has a great message. I actually found out about it through my high school English teacher...awesome. Your toes look fantastic. Wine also ups the fun factor :) Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never a dull moment around the Miller household!

    ReplyDelete