Zach had his first soccer game this morning at 9 am. His team name is the Strikers. Since Zach is new to the soccer league, he does not yet have a jersey. Hopefully it will some in soon. Luckily Derek was awesome and improvised!!!! The teams consist of 5 boys and they play 4 on 4 at a time with no official goalie. One player usually defends the goal, but cannot use hands. His team played well. Zach's preference is to play in the goalie position. Toward the end of the game he had a really nice saving kick. The other boys are more experienced than he is, as this is his first time playing. However, he hung in there and is learning and obviously having fun! We are super proud of him. His team was happy as they won 5-4.
Thanks to Tracy and Mike who came out to cheer him on (their son Reese is a soccer super star!). Tracy took some awesome pics! Thanks Tracy!
Here are some pics that I took (not as professional as Tracy, who is much better at this and has a nice fancy camera!):
Half-time and after game snack is very important to the boys. Parents rotate providing snacks for the games. Zach enjoyed apples for half time and fruit snacks and rice crispy treats post-game. Ash was happy as he got some too!!! Tracy and Mike said that when the boys are young like this, snack becomes ever more important than the games. Too funny!!!!!
I finally made it home last night around 2 am. Groan! Got into bed and 7:30am showed up way too early!!! Still coughing and sneezing a lot, but getting better. After Zach's game, we drove down to Tulsa to return my rental car (groan!!! ---- Enterprise has a local drop point in Bartlesville through Phillips 66, Avis does not. Stupid Enterprise not being open past 11pm. Boo hiss!!!!) To make all things better, we then went to Chuy's for lunch. Totally yummy!!!! All the spicy food helped my sinuses too. We then drove home to relax. I played my flute for a bit. After going to the symphony concert, I decided that I would make an effort to get back into playing and practicing my skills. I had forgotten how much I enjoy playing and how therapeutic it is for me! I then passed out in the lounge chair while the boys played video games. It is sure nice to be home again!!! And as Derek pointed out, only 5 days till we leave on our New Mexico Spring Break vacation!!! Yippee!!!!
I hope Zach continues to enjoy soccer and snacks! Good luck Tommi trying to squeeze in a little flute practice in your busy life.
ReplyDelete