Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Top Golf

As part of the internal Phillips 66 flow improvers technical conference at I have been attending in Houston, we had a group team building and social event which included a visit to Top Golf and dinner afterwards at a Brazilian steakhouse. Top Golf is an "indoor" driving range where you are indoors and hit golf balls toward targets for points on N outdoor course. Sort of like bowling or darts, but with golf balls and clubs. Totally fun!  Built for all ages.  Kids can even do it, Iming for the nearby targets.  My golf skills are about bill, so I did to score very high.  But my team of 6 got second place overall.  (We had 6 groups of playing.). Here are views of the place as well as proof that I participated. Can you see the nets just past the edge of the driving area?  Apparently those are for the drunk or stupid people who might wander too close to the edge and fall off. Too funny!




After golfing madness, we had dinner at the Brazilian pace. You start he meal by visiting the large and completely awesome salad bar. The after that, the meal becomes an all you can eat meat Fest. Thy come around with endless samples of all sorts of marinated meats. Bacon encased chicken. Parmesian pork. The prime rib and garlic fillet samples were to dye for. The grilled pineapple was delectable. I miss the produce in Texas. 

So, one more day of the inference and then I head to Austin for a day of recruiting. I am hanging in there. I have been suffering from Zach's cold ( he was nice enough to share). Body is achy and lots of coughing. So far being propped up by pain relievers and cold meds (along with all of this food). Along with meat fest tonight and cajun seafood at Pappadeaux last night, i am not hurting in the calories department. Thank goodness or hotel treadmills. Four miles last night and three miles tonight despite my cold. I will likely regret it tomorrow morning!  Time for sleep now!  


2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Take care of yourself! You'll be home with your boys soon. The golf course makes me think of the one in The Other Guys where they tried to hit the helicopter. As always, the food sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you E A T your way through that cold!!! Sounds yummy and Great.

    ReplyDelete