Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Advent of December

So far the Miller family has had a busy weekend.  Yesterday, Derek and I actually had a "date day" starting with a trip to Starbucks after taking the kids to school and daycare and then heading down to Tulsa for a bit of shopping, eating lunch at Freebirds World Burrito (total yum), and then went to see the new "Skyfall" Bond film.  It was really a nice day.  It had been a while since we had been on a date together :)

Then we topped off the evening with a bit of Christmas decorating and watching the first half of "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" together as a family.  I just LOOOOOOOVE those stories and movies.  I totally can't wait for "The Hobbit" films to be released.  Not long now! 

Photobucket

This morning we headed out to participate in the Bartlesville Jingle Bell Rock 5K and Fun run.  We all ran the 1 mile fun run together at 9:30am.  Zach and I ran it in just over 11 minutes.  Ashton and Derek came it at 13 minutes.  Way to go!!!!  Then I ran in the 5K with Tracy, coming in again at just over 30 minutes.  So, not speedy, but fun!  Tracy and I should be proud as we were running our first mile at a nine minute mile pace against a really strong headwind.  Oklahoma is such a joy!!!! Plus, believe it or not, it got up to 77 degrees today.  Wowsers- December 1st and it feels like spring!!!!

Photobucket
After the run, we came back home for a Lego afternoon.  The boys got to open their first doors on theur Lego advent calendars.  Zach received a small Star Wars spaceship  from his Star Wars lego advent calendar and Ashton received a firefighter mini-figure in his Lego city advent calendar.  then we gave Derek is birthday present- a Lego Lord of the Rings Mines of Moria set.  Photobucket
Everyone had fun getting in on the building action.  We concluded our day by watching the conclusion to "The Two Towers". 
Here is a pic of the kids enthralled with the Helm's Deep battle scene:

Photobucket
Derek and I are going to cap off the evening with another episode of the new "Battlestar Galactica".   We decided to start watching the series again on DVD.  I had forgetten how much I love that show too!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! What a nice family weekend :) It was so great to Skype with you guys yesterday...we are really looking forward to our visit!

    ReplyDelete