As I told Mom earlier in the week, "Everything will be ok as long as no one decided to turn on the faucet!"
You can tell I'm feeling better as after a Ruchti family skype session during breakfast this morning I went into major Christmas present wrapping mode (laundry too!).
BEFORE
AFTER
Derek came in as I was stacking the presents up in our bedroom. He can be pretty critical of the amount of presents and commercialization. But he was pleasantly surpriased saying that it looked like a modest amount for 9 people (even knowing that a few more items are still on the way...). Course Derek and I are secretly looking forward to helping put together and play with Lego sets and all of the other toys!!!! And of course- we can't wait to have Greg, Jenny, and Wyn here for Christmas. That is the best present of all!!!!!Now I am going to go fold that last load of laundry and put my feet up and enjoy the rotisserie chicken aroma before I have to make a salad. The boys are heading out to ride bikes. Looking forward to X-mas parade activities tonight.


I tend to agree with Derek. The holiday should be more about spending time with family rather than an overload of gifts..not that watching everyone open isn't fun and searching for the perfect gift is pretty fun, too. The wrapping job looks fantastic. We couldn't be more excited to get out there and spend time with you guys! It will be pretty great, especially since this should be the first Christmas where Wyn actually notices something is going on.
ReplyDelete