Saturday, December 22, 2012

Escapades and Ice-capades!

Photobucket We Millers went on another adventure today!  This morning, we headed out for haircuts (well, to be exact, the boys received haircuts.  I went along to help herd).  Then we headed down to Tulsa to be there by noon for a bit of ice-skating at the BOK Center downtown.  We had to try it out in advance of taking any company there next week.  What fun!  Both boys were real troopers with first time on skates.  Ashton, of course, hit the ice with exactly no fear and was extremely proud of how he could hang on the wall like a monkey every time he "slipped".  I was proud that I stayed up on my feet the whole time and eventually let go of the wall!!!  Derek did AWESOME staying upright the entire time and even venturing out into the middle of the rink!  Wow- but boy I forgot how tiring ice skating, especially for the ankles.  However, I enjoyed it so much that after lunch at Freebirds, we took a trip to a sporting goods store where I picked up a pair of in-line skates.  I figure I can practice skating around the driveway while the boys are biking and scootering in the evenings and on weekends.  Derek suggested I take Snickers out with them on, but I fear I would need full body armour for that. Bug I digress...  Ice skating was fun!  Freebirds was yummy! (you should have see how the boys put away their burrito and nachos respectively.  We should make them work out before eating lunch more often!). Even the amount of people in Dick's Sporting Goods and the horrendous checkout line could not damper our spirits.  (Zach and I hit pay dirt.  New tennis shoes for him.  New running shoes for me as well as the in-line torture devices..ahem..a mean skates.)  Everyone is excited to go back and ice skate more when Greg, Jenny, Wyn, and Grandpa and Grandma are here! 
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
All of this now leads me to the QUOTE OF THE DAY:

From Zach at Dick's Sporting Goods:  "Dicks!  I've been there!  That is where there are balls!"
(Frankly Derek and I couldn't stop laughing!!!)

Also, saw this picture online--too funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment