Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Heavy Metal Christmas Concert!

Wow!  What didn't we do today???  I got up this morning.  Started laundry.  Mended one of Zach's shirts.  We ate breakfast, then addressed Christmas cards.  We went to the dollar store in search of Christmas wrap and light sticks, then on to the grocery store.  Then home for lunch (chili with cheese and tortilla scoops for dipping- yum!!!).  Then we went out for another holiday treat!

We went to the Historic Frank Phillips home today for a Tuba Christmas concert.  Thirty-five musicians from around the state playing tubas and euphoniums played beautiful carols on the grounds of the home.  Apparently there are groups that give Tuba Christmas concerts world-wide, but there are only two concerts this year in Oklahoma (on in BVille and one in Tulsa!).  Also in attendance were Santa and Mrs. Claus from around the world.  What a neat experience!!!! 
The Frank Phillips home decorated for the holidays. Photobucket
 
Ashton is as big as the tuba! Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Zach was a helper during "Jingle Bells". Yay Zach! Photobucket
Santas from Around the World and Over Time Photobucket Photobucket
Now I am off to get ready to take an interview candidate out to dinner.  The boys will be fending for themselves- but I am sure they can manage!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Great family shot and that old time Santa is pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weekends are so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes- but I think I need a weekend of just sitting around for 2-3 days and doing NOTHING! We have fun, but I sure am tired come Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee...and I thought that my trip with Lori to Rentown was exciting...!!!

    Great to see everyone enjoying the Holidays...yes, they are tiring at time! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete