Monday, September 3, 2012

Iron Yoga, Games, and More!

So our weekend was mostly lazy.  Saturday, after a morning run with Snickers, I made pancakes and bacon for the boys, then went to get my hair cut, permed, and styled.  In the afternoon we played games and went to the bookstore where Zachary picked out "A Diary of a Wimpy Kid" and Ash picked out a book about Superheroes and Halloween.  We then came home a grilled tuna steaks (yum) with rice and veggies.  Derek and I watched the movie "Battle Royale" - a totally violent Japanese movie similar in plot to the Hunger Games.  It was actually very good.  Sunday Zach was under the weather.  So while he rested in bed, Ash and I did Iron Yoga.  I used "real" weights while Ashton used his Iron Man action figures as weights ---- too cute!!! (He lasted a whole 15 minutes of the hour routine with me!!!)  Ash and I then tried a little tandem biking in our driveway (he did really well!!!).  Then I took off for a 4 miler around the neighborhood. Needless to say, today I am sore!  Sunday night I made the Ruchti famous scalloped potatoes and ham dinner with a miller flare.  I added diced jalapenos to the cheesy, potato goodness.  IT TASTED AWESOME!!!!! Zach, who was feeling better by the evening, ate some too!  Today, we had the Hammons over for a fajita cookout, margaritas, and Mario Kart Wii game session.  Totally fun!  Here are some pics from our Labor Day weekend.  It definitely will be hard to go back to work tomorrow. 


 Ashton's picture of a "scary monster".  (We didn't even know that he could draw so well!!!  Nice surprise!!!)
 Zach's picture of me with curly hair.  Too cute!
 Ashton putting his Lightening McQueens and Iron Men down for a nap!
 Mario Kart Olympics!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great weekend. Hope Zach continues to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to what Dixie said...and I seriously want those potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looks like Tracy lightened up her hair. Looks good. So do the two exercisers. Love the pics. Glad Zach is feeling better. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete