Yesterday we had a great time hiking around Mescalero Lake and Dam. Unfortunately I forgot the sunscreen at our cabin and got fried like a lobster as I only wore a tank top. (stupid Tommi). So I should have a nice tan when we return home.
We the ate lunch at a cute place called The Village Buttery which had all sorts of soups, salads, and sandwiches. Yum- great green chile stew! We then drove our to Alto to get some alternate views of the Sacramento and Capitan mountain ranges and returning to the wonderful Ruidoso playground ( and by that time lubed up with proper sunscreen!). The kids made friends with other kids at the park and were playing all sorts of games while the adults relaxed in the cool breeze. The weather has been so awesome here, I likely may to come home. (although wee may ship Ashton home. He has been real Pain-in-the-Ash this whole trip! He is so contrary and cries and complains about everything! Ugh -terrible threes. He actually is complaining loudly inside about his breakfast while I type this outside. I left Derek to deal with it). st night we went to the Flying J ranch for an old time chuck wagon BBQ meal and western show. Last night we went to the Flying J ranch for an old time chuck wagon BBQ dinner and western show. Prior to dinner, the kids got to learn how to be sheriffs deputies and were able to help the sheriff defeat the bad guys during a bank robbery shoot out. Dinner, which consisted of brisket, chicken, beans, potato, biscuit, home style applesauce, and spice cake was sooooo yummy the music from the western show was outstanding. They had one piece featuring a fiddle and Banjo which was the best. So after a late night, we all passed out and are now ready for a trip to Alamagordo today for white sands sledding.
Now if we could only get Ash to eat his breakfast.
Too bad you couldn't have stayed at the big shoot out/robbery...this sound much better than driv'in' to WM for those essentials...you never have enough mop-ups and duds!
ReplyDeleteGood luck!