Howdy Y'all! I am currently in Stillwater, OK on the Oklahoma Statue University campus, home of the Cowboys (Go Pokes!), for a week-long executive management training. So far, it has been a really great experience. I drove the 2 hours from Bartlesville to Stillwater on Monday morning to make the 11am class start time. I have met many wonderful individuals from many companies here in OK as well as across the US. All are managers from various different industries- mostly oil and gas related like me, but there are also representatives from financial institutions, construction, and even the FAA (they have a big training center in Oklahoma City). There are managers represented from many different business segments as well- manufacturing, R&D (like me), HR, finance, etc. We have been loaded up with all sorts of goodies that you can see in the following pictures - binder of exercises and slides, travel mug filled with every kind of candy type you can think of (yum!!!), pen, highlighter, briefcase bag, polo shirt, and even a squishy stress reliever brain!!!! (Zach would like it because it is orange. MMMmmm! Brains! - said in zombie voice).
Goodies!
Love their water- H2OSU!!!
Brains!!!
The food has been excellent - lots of salad and veggies, but also some nice desserts thrown in to keep us awake! Tonight the group all walked over to a local pizza joint (there are over 50 of us in my class). Fun to be in a college town again! For the evenings, we have been set up in groups of 5 to act as a company for a business simulation where we compete against the other teams to sell computers in a global market. Pretty fun and interesting (not to mention nerve wracking playing a game in the space of a few hours spread over a week where normal marketing students play this over the course of a semester!). Class started this morning at 8am and then ran until 9pm. I just finished up logging into REAL work for a half an hour to get some REAL work done. Now it is time to finish a few things for class tomorrow and MAYBE do something non-work related before passing out! There has been a hospitality suite each evening so far- but if I had a glass of wine tonight, I would probably not have been able to stay awake long enough to write this post...
By the way Mom and Dad, I have received TONS of compliments on my new scarf- even from some of the men in my class. Thanks again!!!!
Derek has been holding the fort with the boys! They are doing well and enjoying eating all of the yummy leftovers from Grandpa Randy and Grandma Peggy's visit. I know I will be looking forward to seeing them Friday evening. Class ends at 2pm- then I will start the 2 hour drive back home!
Tracy you will be proud of me as I am running tomorrow morning at 6:30am with Susan Wilkinson- also a P66 employee!
Also, congratulations to Grandpa Gary and Lori on their marriage! Derek received your message last night and sent me a note this morning. Hopefully we will see you sometime soon and can help you celebrate and congratulate you in person. We wish you the best!



No comments:
Post a Comment