Saturday, June 9, 2012

We are online again!

We are finally getting really settled in to our new house.  We have cable now, as of Wednesday, and are all hooked up to the Internet.  So I have all sorts of pictures to post.  This past week has been a whirlwind.  Dixie and Cliff were so awesome to come out and help us unpack, keep the kids entertained, and start to organize our stuff (we have way too much crap by the way!).  I worked Monday, Wednesday, and even made it to Ponca City on Thursday to meet with my groups.  Derek worked on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.  His group held a special welcome lunch for him on Wednesday at Two Sisters Restaurant and even the Vice President that he works under was in attendance.  Way Cool!!!  I took of Friday and made a big dent in organizing the remaining books and other items that needed to be put away.  I even decorated a bit.  I started the day meeting Tracy for a run at 5:50am - so cool and peaceful in the morning!!!  Then, I figured that I only sat down yesterday for the space of 20 minutes to eat lunch and call to have the cable fixed (long story - we were not able to receive channels below 100 - the box needed to be reprogrammed which luckily they could do remotely).  Zach had a fabulous time with his camp at the Tulsa Zoo.  Ashton continues to have fun at Kid's First daycare and will start water play next Wednesday.  Snickers is really enjoying her new year and has been thrilled that Derek and I have sat outside on the deck (with a glass of wine of course) in the evenings.  We heard owls last night.  Yay!!!!

This morning we had a nice leisurely breakfast of fried eggs and potatoes.  Then Zach and I took Snickers to the vet for vaccination updates.  It was nice to see Dr. Manley again.  He and his family live right around the corner from us.  We then dropped off another huge box to Goodwill.  (According to the workers, I U'Haul stopped by yesterday and dropped off 20 cart loads of goodies!)  Zach then asked if we could drive by the old house.  We did.  It has a nice big SOLD sign on the front.  I hope the new owners will enjoy that fabulous kitchen!!!!  Going by the house still chokes me up.  I have a lot of emotion that I associate with that place.- the fear and frustration that came with Derek's chemo, sadness knowing Jake is no longer with us, but also the joys of bringing Ashton into the world.  It was a nice home- but glad we have moved on to new adventures. 

So on that note, here are a ton of new pics of the house.  Enjoy!  We plan to relax today and then take the kids out to Kiddie Park tonight for 25 cent amusement park rides and other fun! 

Cute pic of the boys at the Houston house with the house all packed in boxes. 
 Boys and Snyx enjoying the king-sized bed at the hotel in Denison, TX (our stopping point on the way from Houston, TX to Bartlesville, OK)
 Enjoying the vacant house with Grandma Dixie!
 Playing Battleship with Grandpa Cliff.
 Giant Moving Truck arrives in Bartlesville!

 Snickers found a hole (not happy to be penned up in the backyard with all of the moving activities).
 The boys enjoying Zach's new room. 
 Story time on Friday night with Daddy!

 Master bedroom pics:


 Master bath:
 Living room/ sun room- boys watching Saturday morning cartoons!


 The office:

 Zach's bedroom:

 Boys' bath:
 Ashton's bedroom:

 Guest bath:

 Guest bedroom (obviously still a work in progress):
 Dining room:
 Laundry room:
 Kitchen:



1 comment:

  1. GREAT PIX...LIKE I'M THERE WITHOUT ALL THAT WORK IN SETTING UP!

    ReplyDelete