Sunday, June 24, 2012

A "Shock"ing Night!

Yesterday evening, we drove to Tulsa, meeting the Mended Little Hearts of Tulsa group (support group for families with children affected by congenital heart defects) at the BOK center for a WNBA Tulsa Shock game.  It was a really fun evening.  We met all sorts of families who have had similar heart experiences (some more dire- two of the little ones had undergone heart transplants!).  However, like Ashton, you would never even know that any of these kids have any sort of heart issues.  A majority of the kids were around Ashton's age, and they were running around, screaming, and having a blast with one another before the game!  Our groups was taken down to court level and recognized before the game.  Four kids were selected to go out on court to meet the team and have their picture taken with the Tuls Shock mascot "Bolt".  We then settled in to our seats to enjoy the game.  Interestingly enough, the Shock were playing the Indiana Fever!!!!  When we left just after half time, the Fever were winning.  We enjoyed hot dogs, soda, and popcorn.  Derek and I tried a local specialty, the Tulsa dog, which had dill relish, onion, mmustard, bbq sauce and bacon on it.  Sounds horrible but was sooooo yummy!  Here are some pics from our fun evening!








So, the weekend has gone well.  Friday evening we met our friends Patrick and Christine for dinner.  It was really nice to hang out with them again.  Saturday morning, I met Tracy for a 7.5 mile run.  I totally wiped out in the middle of a run- tripping on a bridge on the path, bruising both knees and my right hand.  Ouch!  So, I am a bit sore today, but I will live.  Derek and I also had eye checkups.  He has gotten more blind where my eyesight has stayed the same from 2 years ago.  Ha!  Today we are going to go outside and run the boys around a bit.  Maybe a movie later... to be continued! 

2 comments:

  1. Funny you should happened to have gone to the game you did--another Oklahoma/Indiana connection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear things are going so well for you guys! It sounds like a great weekend :) Sorry we missed you on Skype this evening...we must have signed on a bit too late. Wyn is still jet lagged so we are totally off on timing. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete