Well, here I am writing to you from the Corporate jet yet again after another fun filled week in Oklahoma. Monday we had our Phillips 66 celebrations across the company since ConocoPhillips is now officially split. I helped my new groups celebrate in Ponca along with thr Ponca City refinery employees. The refinery manager gave a really nice Welcome to Phillips 66 town hall speech. Then there were burgers, brats, and cake for all. Then all of we managers helped pass out Phillips 66 lawn chairs and umbrellas to all of the employees while wearing swanky Phillips 66 logo aprons. It was quite a nice event- mush better than what Derek described to me that took place in Houston (they didnt get any free stuff!) For the rremainder of the week, I was able to spend quality time with each of my groups. One of my groups was giving its annual product training, so I joined in. The trainIng class had dinner each night with my group as well for networking. Fabulous steak dinner on Tuesday night at the Rusty Barrel in Ponca and then Japanese at the Kyoto Hibachi restaurant in Stillwater, OK on Wednesday night. The Japanese dinner was lots of fun with all of the theatrics including flaming onions, bouncing eggs, and tossed (literally) rice bowls. I basically was only in my hotel room to sleep. Thursday evening I drove back to Bartlesville and spent my first night in our new house. I set up a nice little pad in the Master bedroom. Pictures to come soon. I really enjoyed sitting out on the deck last night enjoying the breeze (despite the heat and humidity) and talking to Mom and Dad in D.C. and later Derek. I woke up at 5:30am this morning to meet Tracy for an early morning 3 miler around the neighborhood. It was so nice to get some exercise in such good company. I have missed running with Tracy and others since we have moved to TX. That will change now - no excuses! I am already scheduled to run with Tracy again next week when I am back in town.
So after a busy morning in my Bartlesville office, I am heading back to Houston. I can't wait to see all of my boys (and hairy girl). However, I'm really looking forward to getting moved and settled in OK.
Oh yes, congratulations to my friend Angie who's became an Aunt this week with the birth of her niece Emery Caston. Such windfall news! Congratulations to the Caston and Bartmess families!! (Angie, I will call you later this weekend!)
Time for pictures!
My home away from home!
Phillips 66 apron decorating the wall - says "producing gas since 19XX" ...priceless!!!!
Enjoying a cranberry juice on my new deck!
Coming home to hopelessly cute and adorable boys! (Endless fun with the bag from the liquor store! Yay for margaritas!)
Progress on the house so far. Moms- I need advice on how to place furniture in the new giant living area!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment