Friday, May 18, 2012

Adventures of the Popcicle Queen!

After spending most of yet another week in Oklahoma, I am back in Texas.  I decided to take my monthly vacation day to help with activities for the Field Day and Family Picnic which took place at Zach's school.  I had the wonderful opportunity to man the Popsicle table.  Nothing in my schooling could have possibly prepared me for this experience.
1) I never knew that such indecision could be had over only 4 different "flavors" of ice.  Red, orange, purple, and green was the order of popularity.  (I personally like green the best.  So what does that say about me?  Zach prefers orange of course!!!!)
2) Second grade girls are clinically insane, prefering to use their cicles as face painting tools instead a snacks. 
3) Busing 20 tables once each hour is a lot harder than in looks.
4) The "popcicle queen" is what the Mary-Poppins Nazi (ahem...I mean the english accented office administrative assistant who scares me...) called me as she strolled through the cafeteria inspecting operations before the children were to arrive.  I will take that as a complement coming from her!
5) The joy on Zach's face was just priceless, showing how proud that HIS MOM was there helping for the day.  (I hope this makes up a little bit for how much I have been gone lately.)

After a morning shift of popcicles, and many fun activities for Zach (inflatables, balloon toss, relay races, etc) Derek met us for lunch outside on the playground where other parents had arrived for the picnic.  Such beautiful weather and great company! 

Here is a photo of Zach enjoying his salami sandwich and sporting his awesome green tie-dyed shirt identifying him as a 1st grader!


Zach was allowed to leave school after lunch with us.  Derek headed back to work while Zach and I have been relaxing with Snyx at home.  I took a much needed 2 hour nap and Zach has been decompressing with Angry Birds space.

Here is some other stuff I missed from last weekend.  Zach went to a birthday party on Saturday at a complex that was wall-to-wall trampolines.  Great fun and well run with games, rules, and spotters to ensure all players remained injury-free. Here is Zach leaping into the foam pit!
 Dodgeball anyone????


Additionally, the boys made me some really nice Mother's Day drawings.  Enjoy!








Nothing new from the Bartlesville house to report.  Apparently the counters are going in tomorrow and the carpeting next week.  So I should have some new pics then.  Also, Zach will have his awards ceremony for school next week on Wednesday (unfortunately I will miss it).  He is expected to get the Principles Honor Roll award for straight A's for each semester!  Go Zach!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, now I'm teary eyed. Zach and Ash we are so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete