Monday, April 30, 2012
One word...TORNADIC!
I flew to Bartlesville on the company jet last night. The Hammons were kind enough to treat me to dinner as well as their spare bedroom for the night. I had a nice time catching up with them. During dinner of yummy sandwiches and fruit Mike and Tracy introduced me to the Amazing Race reality show. Tracy and I then headed to our new house! It was fun to see the knocked out wall and check out the kitchen and samples of things to come. I am really looking forward to out move! As if the evening were not exciting enough, severe weather rolled into the area with a tornado just north of Bartlesville at 10:30pm. We all packed into the Hammons tiny bathroom under the stairs- including their labrador and cat! Very cozy for 30 minutes. But all was well and everyone is safe. It stormed the entire night with over 8 inches of rain.
I woke up really early and headed to Ponca City about 6:15am. No rain and ended up being a beautiful day. The day was extremely busy with all sorts of meeting and retirement parties as people are leaving before the company split takes place officially tomorrow. However, I am really enjoying getting to know the individuals and business of my new groups.
I pulled a long day, finally leaving at 6:30pm. After checking into my hotel, I went to wal-mart to stock up on goodies for "camping" in the new house starting on Thursday night. It felt a bit lIke dorm room shopping for college. Food, toilet paper, cleaning products, Kleenex, soap, an air mattress, sheets, folding chair and table, floor lamp, sheets, electric kettle, etc etc. I had already brought towels and my fleece bedroll as well as some toiletries on my flight down. Either way, I think I have everything to have a habitable existence in the new house over the next few weeks befo we move.
Well, I am now back in the hotel wanting to watch tv, however there is more severe weather near Ponca. Looking like the TORNADIC parts should miss. However I can hear thunder in the distance. I forgot how the weather men are celebrities here in OK and preempt tv shows. All channels are filled with radar.
Well, I have to be at the refinery tomorrow morning by 6:30am to help with the Phillips 66 flag raising ceremony. So I hope that the thunder is the "lull to sleep" variety!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds great! Glad you are safe and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your place once you are all settled :) Glad also to hear things are going well with your new work group!
ReplyDeleteAdvise building a storm shelter in your new house!
ReplyDelete