Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Moody Day


After a tiring week (my last official week in my current job - 1 big presentation, another big meeting = much stress), we had to wake up early this morning so that our house could be inspected by the buyers (we had 3 official offers come in on our house and we chose the best one last week).  So we decided to head to Galveston to "play" for the day.  We started off by visiting The Egg and I restaurant for breakfast.  (We sure are going to miss great breakfast restaurants when we leave Houston!!!).  Half way into our drive, Ashton became carsick and threw up all over the back seat just as we sped off the highway into a McD's parking lot to try and avoid a mess.  Nope- 1 second too late...  Luckily there was an Academy Sports store right next door where we could pick up some towels, sanitizer, and plastic bags.  Luckily I had packed a spare set of clothes for him.  Joy!  Some McD's customers were NOT happy that we were taking up 2 parking spots as we had doors open and were cleaning out the car.  But as far as I am concerned they can go stick it!  There were plenty of OTHER parking spots open that were much closer to the restaurant.  I actually yelled back at one woman that our son had thrown up, we were trying to clean it up, and if she was so insistent on parking here that I would be glad to share some of the puke with her.  She just looked at me and drove off.  Ha!

Ok- so after 20 minutes of joy, we were back on the road.  Then we got a call from our realtor that the inspector and buyers could not get into the garage.  Apparently, a child who will remain nameless (who had recently puked) was playing with the dead bolt of the door in the garage and LOCKED it.  (We did not think to check as we didn't think he was that tall or strong.  STUPID PARENTS!!!!)  Well the house key that goes with the house does NOT work for the deadbolt on the garage.  So we thought we were going to have to turn around.  So now we have puke remnants, two pissed parents, AND two crying kids in the car...  then Derek remembered that we had keys to the deadbolt in a drawer in the kitchen.  Crisis averted...  Happy kids again...and happy, but frazzled parents.  Back on our way to Galveston..

After some wrong turns and a bit more yelling...along with some happy moments of seeing flocks and flocks of pelicans, we made it to Moody Gardens where we spent a few hours at their awesome aquarium pyramid where we enjoyed seeing sea turtles, sea lions, seals, sharks, and penguins!  The kids got to go on a shark stamp scavenger hunt identifying the different kids of sharks in the museum (unfortunately no whale, hammerhead, or great white sharks.  Darn!  But still way cool!)
 Seal and Sea Lion skeletons


 Penguin Encounter!
 A Sea Dragon --- My Favorite!!!! - Kind of like a cross between a seahorse and a leaf!
 Ashton in the Shark Cage!

We then had a nice lunch together then saw "Tornado Alley 3D on IMAX" about tornado and weather chasers.  Greg- you would have LOVED it!!!!  Awesome tornado footage!!!  Then we took in some ocean views before heading home.

It is a fabulous evening here in Houston.  I think Derek and I are going to go outside and sip a glass of wine!!!!

I am off to Bartlesville tomorrow for the whole week.  I will get to hang out with Tracy tomorrow night and will get to be in our new house too.  Kitchen renovations have begun.  I can't wait to see the progress!!!

More soon! 

2 comments:

  1. SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT TIME...GREAT FUN...I WOULD HAVE HAD THE ENTIRE BOTTLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Grandpa Gary!

    ReplyDelete