Had to share these- made my day!
I love the mind of a first grader. Things are so black and white!
"Nate and the Big Bad Giy"
by Zachary
Nate was sad. The bad giy jump in the air and put Nate in the fire. Nate jump and put the bad guy in the fire. Nate was happy.
Ashton doing "marker chromatography" (yay for chemistry at age three!!!!)
Ashton and his daycare class and teacher, Ms. Ludy (she is so awesome!!!)
So I sent Zach to school this morning with his leftover cookies and a note to his teacher hoping that is was ok for him to pass out the cookies at lunch as a belated birthday celebration. Zach's teacher had the class apologize for treating him so cruelly at lunch yesterday (yes, I tattled on them!!!) and Zach said they were all happy to get cookies at lunchtime.
Derek was a complete bum and left work at noon for a sick day (he really did sound awful!!!). I would love to have a sick day, but I just have no time for it at all!!! So I have been trying to keep the sniffles at bay with orange juice and tea. I plan to relax the rest of the evening and head to bed early (oh yeah- I still have to pack for my Oklahoma trip...joy...always something...).
By the way- Dixie and Cliff, the weird chirpy/ squeeky noises around the house are made by these tiny brown frogs - I think spring peepers maybe? They really sound weird when it is only a few at a time rather than a forest-load. The Texas variety here sound like squeaky sneakers on a basketball court. Snickers and I found three of them as well as two small lizards behind the kids outside toy bin last night. They were just happily chirping away at 10pm as I was letting her outside for her nightly business. Boy are those little guys/gals LOUD!!!!
Sure don't sound like the Indiana spring peepers!
ReplyDelete