I went out and got my hair done this morning. So much lighter and fun! Yay! (Now if I could just get rid of the bags under my eyes and the stress-induced blemishes...)
The official announcement about my new position at work came out Thursday. I will become R&D, Manager of the Specialty Products Group (e.g. pipeline flow improvers, specialty chemicals, lubricants, etc). The technology functions of these very specialized businesses will roll up to me starting May 1st. It will be a new and exciting area for me to work in an learn. I went over to our Westlake facility yesterday afternoon here in Houston where these main business units are currently housed and started meeting with the people that I will be working with on a daily basis starting in May. What a neat group of people and such a neat atmosphere. Of course I am excited to get back to Technology and this opportunity will also allow me to use many of the skills that I acquired working for XOS in Albany as well as my current job in strategy. My job function will officially be in Bartleville, OK, but most of my research group is in Ponca City, OK - so I will be commuting back and forth on a weekly basis to interact with them starting in May. This will give me ample time to hang out with Cris and Rosa Lewis and family- our dear friends from Los Alamos who now live in Ponca. Yay!!!!
So, I am really looking forward to my new job. However, this transition period where I am doing my current job while slowly easing my way into the new job (ok, maybe not so slowly...) will be on the challenging side. Hence, it was fun to take some time out for myself this morning to get my hair done!
We started the weekend off last night with some fun outside with the kids and mojitos for the adults. Here are some goodies to enjoy!
You look great - always renewing to get hair done. Nice that you got to have outdoor time. Hope Zach and Ash get a cool new playground set in Bartlesville - they've made good use of the one in Houston. Hugs
ReplyDeleteGrandpa Cliff says that when we visit in June that Grandpa and Daddy can assemble a new playset!
ReplyDelete