Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Small world!

I really enjoyed my first day of two of facilitation training. So far the skills taught have been very useful (wish I would have taken this a year ago), and is by far the most useful class offered by the company behind upfront presentation skills. The instructor is excellent. Plus, she is a Hoosier living in Indianapolis. And get this, she grew up in South Bend, went to Riley High School, then went to Purdue for chemical engineering. Her name is Katherine Rosback and here is her website in case anyone out there may know her. http://www.katherinerosback.com/
Her career path and choices are very interesting and we seem to have similar interests and skill sets, so I'd like to talk to her tomorrow if possible to see how she set up her business.

Actually all three of us who sat in the same row in class (out of 12)' had ties to Indiana, so Katherine has dubbed us the Hoosier Peanut Gallery!

In other news, Zach has now passed all of his "normal" timed math facts tests and now must pass two which will have addition and subtraction problems together. Because he had a "perfect behavior " day at school today (an Excellent with no warnings) we let him choose where we would eat dinner tonight. He chose McDs! The kids got Barbies in their happy meals instead of monster trucks. Zach was so not happy! Ashton was fascinated with her hair. Boys toys typically have plastic hair.

My other major accomplishment tonight was purchasing Derek new dress shoes from DSW online using all of my coupons. Then I also ordered myself new running shoes from a website Tracy recommended. My old ones just aren't supportive anymore and I am starting to get shin splints. Ugh! The shoes are built for forefront strikers (I hit the pavement naturally with the ball of my foot) so can't wait to get them and try them out. They are Brooks brand which I wear and like, just a new lightweight shoe. Plus they are RED! Running shoes can be so awesomely gaudy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for enjoying something at work! Hooray for Zach! Hilarious that Ash liked the Barbie hair so much. Red running shoes...yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Her site does look interesting!

    ReplyDelete