Both kids had card exchanges at school/daycare, and Ashton had a party with his class. After a long day, I picked them up from the daycare and we drove home to a FABULOUS dinner of hot dogs and mac-n-cheese (I have since been voted Mother of the Year! Yay!!! According to Zach, this "Has been the best Valentine's Day EVER!) BTW- Sangria makes hot dogs taste loads better!!!
The kids are now in the bath. I will get them out in a few minutes to put on PJs. Ash will watch a show while I work on homework with Zach (oh yes I forgot to mention that Derek is in Bartlesville until Thursday night!!!). I bought the kids books for Valentine's Day which I will put on their beds as a surprise as they get tucked in (and in Zach's case- practice reading). We will be enjoying "Fly
Guy Meets Fly Girl" and "I Spy Fly Guy" by Tedd Arnold as well as "Snoozers" and "Dinos To Go" by Sandra Boynton! I can't wait.
Here are the spelling words we are working on this week. (Actually tonight is our first night to practice because Zach accidentally left his homework at school yesterday...)
bird, burn, dirt, fern, first, fur, girl, her, hurt, shirt, sir, surf, third, verb, were, done, know, push, visit, wait
Challenge/science: emerge, furnace, furniture, deposition
Tracy- I thought you'd like that last one. It is the science word of the week. Go figure!
Ok, I fear more water is now OUTSIDE of the bathtub that in. Time to run!
Thanks G&G Ruchti for the airplane and bingo Valentines!
A really cool tiger Zach drew in art class last week!
My Valentine from Zach! yay!
Happy Valentine's Day!
The most darling cupids ever!
ReplyDelete