Zach came home with a doozy of a list of spelling words this week. However, he is a good speller, so there are only about 4 words that he needs extra practice on in addition to the challenge words.
benches, boxes, brushes, buses, catches, classes, dishes, dresses, foxes, kisses, lunches, patches, wishes, away, car, friends, house, our, school, very
challenge/ science words: factual, opinionated, sunglasses, fossil fuels
Zach received an A+ on his last timed math facts tests. Yay! Only one more test to go (subtraction facts to 18) and he will be DONE!!!!
Zach had a great time attending a birthday party for one of his classmates yesterday at the Houston Museum of Science. The kids received a special tour of the dinosaur exhibit and got to make slime (in addition to the customary cake and ice cream). After the party concluded, Derek and Zach toured some of the exhibits that we could not see easily with Ashton in tow.
Meanwhile, Ashton and I hung out at home. Ashton was great and played the iPad while I cleaned the house and then finished some work. (All this after raking the entire front yard. I am TOTALLY sore today!!! Derek is too. He did the backyard.)
Ashton has been studying different type of vehicles this month. The teachers are also having them work shape puzzles for pattern recognition that go along with the monthly themes. Last week's shape puzzle was a train. Ashton was the only student out of 25 whose puzzle even remotely resembled a train (actually his is REALLY good). Can you find it?
As we are in the midst of potty training successes, and Ashton has a fascination with his anatomy, Mom and Dad sent this hilarious cartoon to us. I thought I'd share.
Why can I so completely picture Ash doing this???? hee hee!




Ashton does not seem to be geometrically challenged!
ReplyDelete