Monday, January 16, 2012

"Hey Mom and Dad, are you getting up today?"

This is what Zach said to us as he walked into our bedroom at 6:50am this morning.  YIKES!  We forgot to set the alarm!  Good thing Zach got us up.  We were only an hour off of our normal schedule.  I made it in to my office by 7:35 am (thanks to my super, low-maintenance (yet somehow classy)  personality and work attire- ha!).  Derek made it in by 8am after taking the boys to daycare.  Luckily school was out today due to the MLK holiday!  So, a bit of a rush this morning, but it was sure nice to get that extra hour of sleep!

Our weekend was fairly laid back.  We cleaned house Saturday and I went through part of our closets weeding out items that we no longer need or use for donation to charity.  I think we have a good car-load of stuff accumulated that is taking up part of the guest bedroom at the moment.  Saturday evening we all watched Superman The Movie together (the Christopher Reeve version).  It was much better than I remember.  Ash has since been running around wearing a superhero cape as well as one of Derek's old Cubs caps that I found in the back of a closet ("A Grandpa Hat" as Ash calls it.  All baseball hats are now called "Grandpa Hats").  Sorry- I still need to get a picture.  To be continued...

Sunday we were all woken up at 7am by Ash who had thrown up water all over his bed (presumably from coughing- that kid has the best gag reflex ever!!!).  Needless to say I started the laundry early and therefore it was done early!  Ash was fine after his morning incident, so we went out to Chuys for a Mexican lunch/dinner.  We had fun reading and playing games in the afternoon.  Zach is really into mazes and we got him addicted to a game that Derek has where you build your own paths between different objects.  He finished all of the levels, even expert in the space of 3 hours (with a little bit of help from Derek, but it is amazing how visual and quick he is!).

After getting the kids to bed, I took Snyx on a long walked, then did some work for an hour before watching the Season Finale of AMC's Hell on Wheels.  I am still impressed with the high quality of AMc's shows and am really looking forward to the second half of Walking Dead and the next season of Mad Men

Ok- off to "chillax" for a while with the iPad.  Can't decide if I want to read or play games.  Decisions, decisions...

Greg and Jenny- great pics of Wyn by the way!  She is so adorable!!! Zach asked me if she was "big enough to play with yet".  Ha!  So cute! Sorry we missed skyping with you over the weekend.  Definitely will not miss this weekend if we can help it! 

Mom- have you started the second book of the Hunger Games Trilogy yet?

Oh- quote of the day from Ashton at dinner tonight, "The Living Laser is Iron Man's Bitch."  (What he meant to say was that the Living Laser - a sort of doofus superhero that can morph into objects of light- is Iron Man's "bridge", but it came out differently.  I really thought Derek was going to shoot beer out of his nose...)

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! As I read your posts I generally get all these responses lined up in my head, but all have been forgotten after reading what Ash said about Living Laser. Hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. I can hardly type, I'm laughing so hard - both at what the boys do and say and at the image of Derek ....!

    ReplyDelete